Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Rules

I have always been hung up on 'rules'...... no special reason, but hung up none the less.

Rules have many facets to them. Many people think that people just sit around to make rules so others can break them. I find that very concerning. Or, there are those 'white lies' where you just tell others half truths to protect yourself..... another form of rule breaking.

I guess I am stoic, stiff-necked and non-flexible. Now, I say, "Good for me!" I am especially that way when it comes to rules. I used to not be this way, I could break the rules with the best of them, sneak into clubs and bars underage, lie on demand...... not now.

Is it because I am older, it is because I am wiser, it because I have just grown up---I think it is because I just love Jesus.

He is very clear "let your 'yes' be 'yes' and your 'no' be 'no'"..... straight forward.

Rules are created, not only but the One who knows Absolute Truth, but also by mere people who run businesses and organizations. People would run those businesses and organizations to the ground if there weren't policies and rules.

Rules are not made to be broken---they are made to HONOR and follow for the benefit of the individual and also the organization. They are vital to success  and are thought out and written down with much thought and many people's input to the situation---hence, wisdom.

When people choose to break the rules, it truly infuriates me. I see this as putting others in harm's way. Please tell me WHO has the right to put another in harm's way? Who has the right to drive drunk? Who has the right to put a child in danger? Who has the right to run a red light and kill someone? The list goes on and on. Unfortunately, many people feel they have those rights......

I also find it irritating for the same people to try to justify their actions by trying to say it was not that big of a deal. Well, honestly, it is a big deal. The rule was broken. A lie is a lie.

When you break rules, in my eyes, you show what you are made of. Especially, if you know what that rule or policy states. It shows me and others who you are, it breaks down my perception of your integrity. It continually shows me (and others) what you are made of. It is truly harder to make decisions based on Truth than to go along with the crowd.

I VALUE those who have integrity. I ask for their wisdom. I learn from their leadership. I honor them as they should be honored--- with respect.

Although I am not judging, I have lost that honor for many recently. True colors have been shown. Lies have been spoken and people have been put into jeopardy...... so sad. And for me, the saddest part is that some claim Christ.

So I ask you today, if you lie, break the rules or just think it is fun to see 'if you can get away' with something---stop.  Take a break and learn from the Master--- follow Him and His rules--try your hardest not to break them....Let your yes be yes and your no be no...... and then KNOW why you believe what you do...... it will be hard as the world says something else, but in the long run you will be the victor with integrity and honor......

No comments:

Post a Comment