Saturday, August 11, 2012

Mornings

What is it about mornings that are so special? I sit here thinking as I cannot fall back to sleep.

There are those days. Days when sleep is rare and for whatever reason, your body wants to get up at 4am. Some days I like these moments.

On most 'normal' days, I get up at 5:30am and get my day going. I enjoy the quiet of the house, the peace I feel as I read my daily devotion and calmness that comes when I speak to The King. I enjoy the beauty of the sunrise over my backyard and I remember that each day is a gift.

But on the days where I toss and turn and cannot get back to sleep, I cave and get out of bed and take on the challenges of the day. Lots can get done in that early extra hour. Today I was able to do two loads of laundry, the dishes, bake two cakes, ice another cake and halfway clean the kitchen, read email, read and respond to friends on facebook, do some schooling paperwork I have not been able to get to...oh yes, and I put dinner in the crock pot for tonight.  Very productive.

But, I am sure later today I will need a nap. A time for rest and reflection and recharging. A time for peace. SO as I get this day going and as I watch the sunrise, I will cherish the peace I am given. And I remember that 'I am not home yet' although God has provided some really nice things for me on this journey.

Jesus said:
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14



No comments:

Post a Comment