Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Paperwork

So, I will tell you that I HATE paperwork with a passion. I do not like taking the time to write all the happenings down if they are in the past. I do not like to try to balance records which are clearly not balancing and I do not like just keeping track of all the 'stuff' in life. I just want to live, be free and go about my daily business without the tracking system.

But, then it hits me. If I did not have paperwork I would not be accountable. I would not be credible or have record of all I have accomplished. I would not have a reason to be able to speak to others with wisdom or kind intentions. I would have no respect or authority over my actions or deeds. All because of paperwork, or the lack thereof.

Now I get it. As I look at my daily life, I see that I have been given MUCH paperwork. Not only to do, but also to read. I have been given great works by many authors who tell me their lives and stories and hwo to handle life. I have been given pictures and poems written in ink and other mediums to enjoy. I have been given hand written cards from my children when they could write letters-- pictures of their love to me. I have been given the love letter of ALL times from my Creator- the Bible. All of this paperwork.

So, as I look at my tasks ahead for this day, I will start to cherish the joy in the papers. The fact that I have a record of being on this earth and learning and loving those around me. That one day someone might look back and use the words I penned and are taught for another to continue in their days.

Paperwork. Maybe I am going to be able to wrap myself around it and try to enjoy this task. Maybe I can share something with someone else.



From the Book of  Luke 1 we read: "Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled[a] among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught."

No comments:

Post a Comment