Saturday, June 25, 2011

Memories and Beginning the 'New Season'

Looking over some old pictures and feeling a bit old today. Finding funny pictures and remembering the feelings and thoughts we had at the moment they were taken.....all of these things.... bringing back overwhelming emotions.

This summer is becoming one of change. A season I was never going to get to or think about. A season I never wanted or cared for, yet it did not wait. It is here--now.

Tomorrow we send our oldest son out on an adventure of a lifetime. He will travel 1000 miles away on his first solo airplane excursionand then remain in his destination for 4 weeks. It is the best opportunity he could possibly have, but I have to say that I am now having second thoughts. I will miss him so much.


In August we will be sending our oldest off to college 4 hours away. She will be chasing her rainbows and seeing the world as an adult. I still want to shelter her from this mean world, but know it is time for her to experience it all in her time. She will learn, love, fail and succeed....all tough lessons for such a young person.

When I was younger, I thought as 70 as an old person. Now, being in my late 40's I am seeing that 70 is a mere stone throw away. I pray for God to protect each member of families who are going into the 'next season' and that we hold onto HIM as we grow and flourish.....

No comments:

Post a Comment