Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fireworks

My oldest turns 18 tomorrow. I still remember her messy face as we first held her and her incestuous grin looking at us. She knew us from the time she came into this world. She turns 18!

Although in society we state 18 is an adult, I do not feel it is. I am a child. A child of the King. I take that heavily and with tremendous heart. I knwo my actions will reflect on His family. I know what I do coul dlead to the dicipline of my Heavenly Father. I am a child.

I pray for my daughter, as she goes into this world, that she realizes that she is still a child. Maybe not in the sense of what the world holds, but as a sense that she is loved by a God who is holding her in his arms and trying to show her the way He has planned. I pray that she humbles herself before Him and that she sees His way is the best and that submission is not weakness, but strength.

I still cannot believe it has been 18 years since we swaddled that little 'cheroke indian baby' in our arms. Josi had the wildest stick straight up hair and looked just like an indian baby. I cannot believe that it has been 18 years since I had the BEST peanut butter toast right after I delivered her. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for this dear child of mine.....

No comments:

Post a Comment